As the lead UN agency for ICT issues, ITU has exceptional reach both across the industry and across the globe.
ITU Digital World 2021 event overview
- Organized by ITU, the UN’s lead agency for information and telecommunications technologies (ICTs), ITU Digital World is a global tech platform for governments, corporates and SMEs working to accelerate ICT innovation for social and economic development.
- ITU Digital World 2021 is hosted by the government of Viet Nam, and takes place in September 2021 in Ha Noi, a regional commercial and technological hub, combining culture, history and creativity with fast-paced innovative development.Under the theme of “Building the digital world. Together.”, the event brings together a unique audience of public and private sectors from emerging and developed markets including heads of state and government, ministers, regulators, industry CEOs and experts, investors, SME representatives, heads of UN and other international organizations, digital thinkers, media, academia and consultants.
- ITU Digital World 2021 features an exhibitionof digital solutions, a forum for sharing knowledge, an Awards progamme recognizing innovative ICT initiatives with social impact, and a networking hub for organizations, countries and individuals.
- The exhibition enables member states, ITU sector members, and other industry players to bring industry stands, thematic pavilions, national pavilions and SMEs to the event to showcase innovative services, applications and solutions, as well as investment and partnership opportunities from around the world.
- The world-class Forum brings together a powerful combination of stakeholders from government and industry, emerging and developed markets to address fundamental tech-related issues. Our focus is on connectivity, innovation and digital principles. Connectivity is key to accelerating social and economic development throughout the world. Innovation is essential to bring the benefits of connectivity to all sectors and areas of life. And we need digital principles to ensure the growing digital society is inclusive, beneficial and sustainable
- The high-profile ITU Digital World Awards recognize innovative ICT-based solutions with social impact, providing international visibility, the opportunity to develop business on a global scale, partnership and networking opportunities to the best exhibiting SMEs and corporate initiatives working for social good.
- Structured networking events, spaces and social occasions connect the private sector and government, individuals and ideas like no other tech event. Opportunities include the Opening Ceremony, LeaderSpace, Business Matchmaking Service, networking breaks, lunches and dinners, and the popular Event App.
Press releases & communiqués
ITU takes ITU Digital World Awards online for 2020 to support innovative tech SMEsRead more
Postponement of ITU Digital World 2020Read more
ITU Telecom World 2019 raises curtain on 4 days of debate, tech exhibition and networkingRead more
ITU Telecom World 2019 highlights tech innovations improving livesRead more
ITU Telecom World 2019 Opening Press ConferenceRead more
ITU Telecom World 2019 to explore “Innovating together: connectivity that matters”Read more
ITU Telecom World 2019 heads to Budapest, HungaryRead more
Tech innovations for social impact awarded at ITU Telecom World 2018Read more