As the lead UN agency for ICT issues, ITU has exceptional reach both across the industry and across the globe.
ITU Digital World 2021 event overview
- Organized by ITU, the UN’s lead agency for information and telecommunications technologies (ICTs), ITU Digital World is a global tech platform for governments, corporates and SMEs working to accelerate ICT innovation for social and economic development.
- ITU Digital World 2021 is co-hosted by the government of Viet Nam, and takes place online from September to December 2021.Under the theme of “Building the digital world. Together.”, the event brings together a unique audience of public and private sectors from emerging and developed markets including heads of state and government, ministers, regulators, industry CEOs and experts, investors, SME representatives, heads of UN and other international organizations, digital thinkers, media, academia and consultants.
- ITU Digital World 2021 features a virtual exhibition of digital solutions, a forum for sharing knowledge, an Awards Progamme recognizing innovative ICT initiatives with social impact, and a networking platform for organizations, countries and individuals.
- The Virtual Exhibition, organized by co-host the government of Viet Nam, enables member states, ITU sector members, and other industry players to showcase innovative services, applications and solutions, as well as investment and partnership opportunities from around the world in a cutting-edge 3D online environment.
- The world-class Forum brings together a powerful combination of stakeholders from government and industry, emerging and developed markets to address fundamental tech-related issues. It focuses on three important aspects of digital transformation: essential infrastructure; funding and facilitating digital transformation; and the key factors accelerating digital transformation, including AI, cybersecurity, digital skills and sustainability.
- The high-profile ITU Digital World SME Awards recognize innovative ICT-based solutions with social impact, providing international visibility, the opportunity to develop business on a global scale, partnership and networking opportunities to the best tech SMEs working social good.
- Our virtual networking platform connect speakers, participants, sponsors, exhibitors and ITU staff and members, whether continuing the conversation directly after each Forum session or discussing opportunities in the Virtual Exhibition.
2020 Event highlights
2020 SME Awards highlights
Press releases & communiqués
Viet Nam commits to national, regional digital transformationRead more
ITU Digital World 2021 marks 50th anniversary of Telecom eventsRead more
ITU takes ITU Digital World Awards online for 2020 to support innovative tech SMEsRead more
Postponement of ITU Digital World 2020Read more
ITU Telecom World 2019 raises curtain on 4 days of debate, tech exhibition and networkingRead more
ITU Telecom World 2019 highlights tech innovations improving livesRead more
ITU Telecom World 2019 Opening Press ConferenceRead more
ITU Telecom World 2019 to explore “Innovating together: connectivity that matters”Read more