ITU Digital World 2021
Friday, 26 November 2021See the full programme
The COVID-19 pandemic has illustrated the need for interoperable digital COVID-19 certificates (DCC) that can be used across organizations and jurisdictions. DCC-based services should support various use scenarios and formats of DCC from immunization and testing data collection, to storage in digital health data repositories, and to expression at control points, in order to allow end users access to facilities, venues, travel and other uses.
Building on the first workshop outcomes, we will
- share implementation experiences and best practices on DCC, including implementation of WHO's technical specifications and implementation guidance on Digital documentation of COVID-19 certificates;
- discuss guidelines on interoperability and usability of DCC and related digital services;
- raise awareness of importance of federated trust and privacy preserving technologies;
- highlight equity concerns that arise with various technological approaches;
- focus on identifying ITU-T and other SDO’s standards to support internationally interoperable DCC; and,
- identify gaps and directions for further technical standardization.